Spa Hygiene Protocol
While Periwinkles Esthetics is a home based spa business, please feel confident that the utmost in cleanliness and hygiene will always be followed. For your comfort and concern, the following should be known:
- ~ Linens and towels are white. This facilitates the use of bleach in laundering, a sanitation must in the spa world.
- ~ Implements are stainless steel, sterilized in a steam autoclave.
- ~ Pedicure basins are lined with single use disposable plastic liners to insure total protection from transmittable infectious skin conditions such as Athlete’s foot, fungal infections, and plantar warts.
- ~ Hair removal wax sticks are absolutely never double dipped to maintain wax hygiene.
- ~ Disposable nail files, buffers, and brow brushes are given to clients for their own home use or disposed of.
Covid-19 Protocol for Clients
Before arriving, you need to know:
- ~ Pre-screening questions concerning Covid-19 symptoms will be asked with every confirmation. No charge for same day cancellations if client feels they may be exhibiting any symptoms of ill health.
- ~ Clients are to come alone unless accompanying others within their household or “bubble”.
- ~ Do not arrive early for appointment as extra time will be required between clients for disinfection of spa.
- ~ Clients are to arrive at door wearing a mask, left on for the duration of appointment. Disposable masks are available at the spa for a nominal fee. A replacement mask may be purchased if coughing/sneezing causes mask to become moistened.
While in the spa, you need to know:
- ~ Filtered water served in a disposable glass will be the only beverage served.
- ~ Clients will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the spa. Hand sanitizing gel will be available in the spa.
- ~ There will be no esthetic services performed on the face (facials, lash/brow tinting, facial waxing). This has been mandated by the NS Provincial Gov’t.
- ~ The esthetic bed linens are changed between clients. The manicure table and chair disinfected between clients.
- ~ All common surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, stair railing, bathroom fixtures will be disinfected between clients.
- ~ Cash is not to be exchanged. All payments may be made by cheque or email transfer.
Concerning the esthetician, you need to know she will:
- ~ Cancel all appointments if she feels any sign of ill health.
- ~ Wear a mask and disposable nitrile gloves for all services, and may wear an additional face shield.
- ~ Wash her hands before beginning any services.
- ~ Wear a freshly laundered uniform each day.